Quiet Period (PP-2021-07, Section D.9)
There shall be a quiet period to ensure that the process of selecting an Investment Consultant, Transition Manager, or Investment Adviser is efficient and fair.
- The quiet period shall commence with the posting of the RFP and end when the parties have executed an Investment Services agreement.
- Initiation, continuation, and conclusion of the quiet period shall be directly communicated to the Board and posted on the IPOPIF website.
- During the quiet period, no Board member or Staff member or fiduciary or service provider involved in the search shall accept meals, travel, lodging, entertainment, or any other good or service of value from any candidate.
- All authority related to the search process shall be exercised solely by the Board as a whole, and not by individual Board members.
- If any Board member or IPOPIF Staff member is contacted by a candidate during the quiet period about a matter relating to the pending selection, the Board member or IPOPIF Staff member shall refer the candidate to the Chief Investment Officer. While the quiet period does not prevent Board approved meetings or communications by Staff with an incumbent Investment Consultant, Transition Manager, or Investment Adviser that is also a candidate, discussion related to the pending selection shall be avoided during those activities.
- A candidate may be disqualified from a search process for a willful violation of this Policy.
The IPOPIF utilizes eVestment
(the “IPOPIF database”), a third-party industry database of institutional-quality quantitative and qualitative registered investment manager information, to serve as the primary pool from which the IPOPIF will identify and evaluate Candidates. Candidates are required to submit their information into the IPOPIF Database and may do so at www.evestment.com/submit-my-data/. The IPOPIF’s database is subject to the following:
- All interested investment managers have access to the IPOPIF Database. No fee shall be required to participate in the IPOPIF Database and the IPOPIF will not use any criteria to exclude Emerging or MWDBE (as defined below) investment managers or SDVOSB or VOSB (as defined below) investment managers from participating in the IPOPIF Database.
- The IPOPIF shall publish on its website the details of the IPOPIF Database and shall encourage all interested investment managers to access and submit their information into the IPOPIF Database, regardless of whether there is a current RFP, and will engage in outreach to ensure that Emerging or MWDBE investment managers and SDVOSB or VOSB investment managers are aware of and have access to the IPOPIF Database.
- The IPOPIF will use the IPOPIF Database to evaluate Candidates with respect to the product information and performance as specified in Exhibit 1 – RFP Questionnaire.